The Chicago AMWA Consortium (CAC) mission is to benefit its members by providing positive avenues of communication, collaboration and guidance that help members to:
1. Enhance the recruitment, retention and promotion of women physicians and
2. Support the building, implementation and continued relevancy of women's health initiatives and health programs in medical organizations and beyond.
With these goals in mind, the Consortium works collectively to:
• Provide a forum for sharing with each other updates and successes of women's health programs and research being conducted in the Chicago area
• Serve as a resource for leaders and members of women's programs within each member practice and organization
• Invite speakers and individuals from inside and outside the medical community to provide training and perspectives on how to be a successful physician in today's changing healthcare environment
• The Chicago AMWA Consortium is a vital initiative for Chicago medicine. Learn more about becoming a member:
Chicago AMWA Consortium membership forms
Honoring the achievements of AMWA members, past and present...
The assemblage of this pantheon of women leaders in medicine demonstrates a wide variety of experiences and expertise with one uniting theme: the unwavering commitment to make a difference for women, be they physicians or patients. Click here or photo to learn more
History and Goals of
While the Chicago branch of AMWA has been active over the years, current members believe that because of significant changes in the health care profession as well as advances in medical technology, there is a clear need in the greater Chicago metropolitan area for closer collaboration and interaction among female physicians to face these complex issues.
We intend to make Chicago AMWA Consortium THE effective voice for our fellow female physicians.